Soon Kueh -Turnip Dumplings

Making 笋粿 is a hell of a lot of work! There, I've said it before anyone moans about soon kueh being a hell of a lot of work. Even if you have a food processor, which I don't, and you're not making a video of the whole process, which I was, all that stir-frying and rolling is still a lot of work. Are you counting? I just said "a lot of work" three times . . . make that four times.

Nobody makes soon kueh because he's hungry, even if he's hungry for soon kueh. It's far easier to just buy some or eat something else. You make soon kueh because you want to MAKE it, not because you want to eat it.
Some people go mountaineering or scuba-diving, others knit, play golf, whatever. Me, I make soon kueh. It's a hell of a lot of fun. I'm sure you think so too because why else would you be reading this post, right? (If you say it's because of my wit and wicked sense of humour, I WILL blush.)
Making soon kueh is time-consuming. But it's not difficult because one, I have a good recipe and two, I have a video to show you how step-by-step.

🐯 Wanna learn how to roll dough into perfect, thin circles? You have come to the right place.




Comments