Keng Tung Shan Food


Hello Dear Readers,
Steamed Rice with Pork - Neau Som (ရွမ္းဝက္သားခ်ဥ္)

First of all, I am sorry for being away from updating  my blog for a while. Been so busy with so many things. Today I want to share where you can eat Keng Tung (Kyaing Tong) Shan Food in Yangon. On my visit to Yangon, my wish is to eat Shan Food as much as I can and then visit to Pagodas. 


It's been a while that I have not visited. Working and living in a foreign country, whenever I am in town I feel I am a part of it, warm-heart, joy, safe, and so on. I am grateful that I was born in this country. I am fortunate that I have grown up in a small city rich in a history, cultural tradition and heritage. Food is one of culture that existed alongside. I always crave for my hometown foods wherever I am. Hometown food is the best thing I have ever eaten.


Steamed Tapioca filled with pork - Kao Tar Pa (ဝက္သားသာကူ)




Rice Tofu - Koa Fune (ဆန္ထိုဖူး-ေခါက္ဖြန္း)


Typically Shan Food as a Lunch


Papaya Salad - Tam Som (သေဘၤာသီးေထာင္း)

Steamed Rice Puree with Pork and Spring Onion - Kao Yuan Hoae (ဟင္းထုပ္)

Rice Tofu Salad - Kao Fune (ဆန္ထိုဖူး-ေခါက္ဖြန္း)
Thai inspired Sweet dessert - Kon Wan (ထိုင္းေရႊရင္ေအး)
 You can easily find this restaurant at the top corner of 52  street, middle block of Yangon. For your reference, I post the photo of the shop too. A small shop with the reasonable price which is always full with local and Shan people who live in Yangon. A taste is just exactly the same as of Keng Tung. I
strongly  recommend if you want to try traditionally Keng Tung Shan Food while you are in Yangon.
Kyaing Tong Shan Restaurant - at the top corner of 52  street, middle block of Yangon. 
 

Disclaimer - Personal reviews


Comments