Strawberry Lemonade Pudding Cake


Hello everyone, today is a big day...it's the 1 year anniversary of the Creole Contessa blog! As I reflect over the last year, I've come to the conclusion that I've had the best time of my life this past year.

All the great food, wonderful friends, and great food...that I've had the privilege of creating and eating is truly a blessing.


I decided to blog because I love to cook and people would always ask me for my recipes and I would always say...ummm...NOPE...but I will make it for you.

Well, I became tired of all the cooking I was summoned to do so I knew it was time to start sharing the recipes.


With the help of all my family, friends, and fans...my FFF'S...the Creole Contessa blog has grown by leaps and bounds.


I've had the honor and privilege of working with great companies this past year. I am still shocked when someone ask to feature my recipe and/or for me to feature their products on my site.

To feature a product that I've used for years and witnessed my mother using as a little child, is the best feeling in the world.


I still can't believe that people actually follow me on pinterest, are want to pin on my boards, I truly hope this excitement never goes away!


I want to take a moment to thank the people who've supported me from the beginning. Those of you who overlooked my not so focused pictures...and yes...I am still in the process of learning to use my camera.

Those of you who overlooked my misspelled words, bad grammar, are sometimes confusing recipes...especially after I've eaten and often forget to write parts of the recipes...thank you for emailing me and saying "Lisa, you must of eaten before you wrote out the recipe...update please"...thank you for overlooking my imperfections.

Thank you for not judging me harshly and my sometimes "off" sense of humor...my Facebook friends have the privilege of witnessing this daily...lol.

I thank you for accepting and welcoming me as I am.

I must take a moment to thank Big Goo and Baby Girl...yes...taking pictures in the middle of dinner is bad manners...I know this...and thank you for understanding that mama only has a 2-3 minute window to get that hot steam shot!

And when I say come eat...I understand Baby Girl that you want come downstairs for at least 20 minutes after I call you because you know the photo shoot must happen first.

I am honored to cook for my two favorite people on earth!


As we move forward with year 2, I look forward to Letting the Good Times Roll...One Meal at a Time!

With Much Love,

                               Lisa

Oh...let's EAT people...I made cake!

Strawberry Lemonade Pudding Cake

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Servings: 6-8

Ingredients:

1 box Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
1 box jell-o instant lemon pudding mix
2 eggs, room temperature
1 cup whole milk
1 stick butter, melted, unsalted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup strawberries, diced
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

For the Glaze:

2-3 cups confectioners sugar
1 lemon, zested, juiced
1/2 cup strawberries, diced
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan and set aside.

In a mixer add cake mix and jello pudding mix, mix well. Add milk and butter, mix for about 2 minutes on medium-low, add eggs mix for 1 more minute, add lemon juice and vanilla and mix for 1 more minute.

Fold in strawberries. Transfer mixture to pan, tap pan lightly on counter to remove air bubbles.

Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour, remove from oven and allow cake to cool in pan for about 10 minutes, remove cake, transfer to cake platter and set aside.

To make glaze mix sugar and lemon zest together with a fork, add lemon juice and vanilla mix well. Add more sugar if needed to thicken.

Poke holes in the top of cake...pour half the glaze on top of cake. Wait 15 more minutes, pour remaining glaze and top with fresh strawberries. Enjoy!



Comments