Blue Cheese Bacon Fries




I have the perfect gourmet football food for you!
 
Yes, we have wings, and dips and all that good stuff...but, some of use like to take things to another level.

 
My gourmet Blue Cheese Bacon Fries is perfect for the gourmet foodie lover.

I was on Pinterest today and saw a pin from my foodie friend Ali, at the wonderful blog Jam Hands pin for bacon and blue cheese fries.

I went into food mode immediately. I said self...yep...lol...food talk...what about the cheese sauce you always pour over steaks!


I decided to take my favorite Gorgonzola Cream Sauce and use it to top crispy fries instead of the usual steak.


I used frozen fries because I wanted this to be a 20 minute meal, and using frozen fries allowed me to accomplish just that!


Don't forget to allow the cream sauce to thicken slightly after cooking for about 5 minutes.

Lastly, top the fries with all the cheesy goodness you can take and all the crispy bacon, green onions and more cheese if you can handle it!


This is Superbowl food heaven!

Pass me a fork quick...so I can eat!

Blue Cheese Bacon Fries

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4

Ingredients:

1 bag frozen fries
1 cups cooking oil
1/2 pack bacon, diced
green onions
blue cheese to garnish

For the Gorgonzola Cream Sauce:

3 oz. Gorgonzola cheese
1/2 cup sharp cheddar, grated
1/2 cup jack cheese, grated
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour

Directions:

Heat cooking oil to 250 degrees, add fries and cook until crispy, according to package directions.

While fries cook, add diced bacon to a pan over medium heat and fry until crispy, drain, set aside. 

To prepare the Gorgonzola Cream Sauce, in a medium stock pot melt butter over medium heat, add flour and whisk well for about 1 minute.

Add heavy cream and bring to a boil, boil for about 2 minutes.

Add cheese and seasonings and whisk well. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes, whisking occasionally. Remove from heat, sauce will thicken as it cools.
 
To Assemble, top fries with cheese sauce, bacon, green onions, more grated cheese if desired.

Enjoy!

Comments