Quick and Easy Chunky French Bread Pizza


My Baby Girl requested that I make her 12 French bread pizzas for school.

I am not sure why she needs 12, but that's what she requested so I better start cooking. 

 
This pizza goes together so quickly, especially if you're like me and always have frozen spaghetti sauce ready to go!


If I am making spaghetti which I do at least 2 to 3 times a month, I always freeze half of the sauce for other meals, like lasagna, meatball subs and my famous french bread pizza!


The great part about this pizza is all the meat is in the sauce.

All I had to do was grate some mozzarella cheese and top it with jalapenos and peperoncini peppers. 


After I removed the pizzas from the oven, I garnished with Italian Parsley for a pop of color.


Hot and ready, and remember, you can allow these to cool, wrap in foil, and you have school lunches for the week.

My daughter pops them in the oven wrapped in foil while she get's dressed for school and she has a nice slice of cheesy pizza for school lunch.

Yes...you can freeze them, wrap in foil and place inside a freeze bag. Pull them out and bake them until they're bubbling hot!

Quick and Easy Chunky French Bread Pizza

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6

Ingredients:

3 hoagie rolls, split
2 1/2 cups chunky spaghetti sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 cup jalapenos, sliced
1/2 cup peperoncini, sliced
pinch of oregano, crushed
Italian parsley to garnish
extra virgin olive oil

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Split hoagie rolls in half, place on cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toast for about 5 minutes.

Remove from oven and spread 1/4 cup of spaghetti sauce on each hoagie roll.

Top with about 2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese, then top with jalapenos and peperoncini peppers.

Place back in oven and bake for 15 minutes are until cheese is melted.

Broil for about 1 minute to brown the top. Enjoy!


Comments