Quick and Easy Rustic Peach Cobbler

 
I love peach cobbler, especially when fresh peaches are in season.

But sometimes I crave peach cobbler and I don't have fresh peaches and I don't have time to make pie crust.

This is when my Quick and Easy Rustic Peach Cobbler comes in handy!


The wonderful people at Zulka Morena Pure Cane Sugar sent me a whole bunch of their product for recipe development and a giveaway (entry below).

You still have time to enter!


Now...grant it...you can make your pie crust from scratch...I even have the recipe...and it's buttery and pretty much perfect...make sure you double the recipe because I like my cobbler with crust on the bottom and on the top!


When I am in a rush, I reach for Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust...why...because it's da bomb! It's light, flaky, buttery, and it's already made!

I refer to it as my no mess pie crust...no flour all over me and my kitchen!


Don't forget to make slits in the top of the cobbler prior to baking.

I also coated the top with lots of melted butter, then sprinkled lots of cinnamon sugar on top!


After about 40 minutes of baking time...this cobbler is HOT and ready to eat!


With this quick and easy recipe, you have no excuse not to have a big cobbler for your Christmas dessert!


Quick and Easy Rustic Peach Cobbler

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 6-8

Ingredients:

2 28 ounce cans of peaches, drained
1 1/2 cups Zulka Morena Pure Cane Sugar
1 stick of butter
3 tablespoon corn starch
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
2 packs of Pillsbury Pie Crust

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon together and set aside.

Butter a 13X9 inch casserole dish. Place 2 of the pie crust into the bottom of the casserole dish.

Prick with a fork all over, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cinnamon sugar on top of the crust and set aside.

 In a large pan, add peaches, 1/2 a stick of butter, Cinnamon, sugar, lemon juice and zest vanilla, and corn starch, mix well.

Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow mixture to cool slightly.

Place cooled filling on top of pie crust, take remaining 2 pie crust and top the cobbler with it. Fold edges underneath and crimp to the best of your ability.

Take remaining butter and melt it. Spread butter on top of pie crust.

Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon/sugar.

Cut slits in the top and bake for 40-50 minutes are until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and serve with whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!






Comments