Copycat Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese



Copycat Friday!


What time is it? It's cheese time folks! Copycat Friday has just went cheese crazy.

Today, I present to you my copycat version of Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese!

Yes, I said Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese, it's one of the only "cooked" foods that I will eat from frozen.

This reminds me of childhood, I don't why because my mother always made macaroni and cheese from scratch, lol.

Maybe I ate this at someone's else home when I was a kid and just can't remember who!


I used Campbell's Cheddar Cheese soup to give my knock off version some extra creaminess.


I made a sauce with lots of jack and sharp cheese, and don't forget the spices.


Fold in the macaroni and bake at 375 degrees in a greased casserole dish.


After 30 minutes, it's time to serve this baby up! This is a full meal, I don't need any meat with this dish.

I want my taste buds to focus strictly on the macaroni, cheesy goodness people!


Grab that fork and dig in folks!


Copycat Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 4

Ingredients:

3 cups large elbow macaroni pasta
2 cups skim milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
1 1/2 cups jack cheese, grated
5 ounces Campbells cheddar cheese 
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons creole seasoning
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
pinch of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix seasonings and set aside.  Mix flour and cornstarch together and set aside.

Reserve 1 cup of grated cheese to top dish prior to baking.

Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions state.

Drain, rinse well in warm water, drain again, coat in a little olive oil to prevent sticking.


While pasta boils prepare the sauce. Add butter and olive oil to a sauce pan over medium heat, whisk in flour/cornstarch mixture.

Add milk and cream and whisk well. Add seasonings and whisk well. Add cheeses and cheese sauce by the handful, whisking well after each addition. Add lemon juice.

Fold pasta into the cream sauce, transfer to a greased casserole dish, sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.



Comments