Stuffed Cheese Curd Turkey Sausage Burgers




People, it's been a rough weekend!

My USB, I think that's what it's called broke, then my SD card slot broke, so I couldn't upload all the pictures I took.


I had to skip Slow Cooker Sunday, which was not good, because I had a great recipe to share with you.

 
All is not lost on the weekend, look what I made today, Stuffed Cheese Curd Turkey Sausage Burgers...try saying that quickly!

I took burger meat, I am using ground turkey, but ground chuck would work as well.

 
I seasoned the meat, divided the meat into four balls, then took each ball and divided it again, stuffed the burger with cheese curds.

YEP...cheese curds, topped the curds with the other half of burger and closed the sides well.

I let my burgers chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes. This not only gave me time to fry up my sausage, I think the burger holds its shape better when they chill out.

I didn't want to risk my curds popping out during cooking.


I fried these babies up with olive oil, using my cast iron skillet.

Believe me, all the grease flying everywhere is worth it!


Look what we created in less than 30 minutes folks!


This burger is fantastic!

It also requires big bites to get your mouth around all this food goodness that is happening!


I must say, eating this just made be forget all the computer problems I've faced.


I am not sure what you're waiting for, but you need to make this today!

It's time to eat this up people, gotta go.


Stuffed Cheese Curd Turkey Sausage Burger

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4

Ingredients:

1 lb turkey, ground
1 lb turkey sausage
4 hamburger buns
1 cup cheese curds
4 slices provolone cheese
4 slices cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons water
1/2 tablespoon black pepper
2 teaspoons creole seasonings
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
extra virgin olive oil
lettuce
tomatoes
mustard

Directions:

Mix seasoning blend together.

Place turkey in a bowl, add half the seasoning blend, water, and mix well.

Divide mixture into four balls. Take one ball at a time and divide in half, flatten.

Place about 1/4 cup of cheese curds into half of burger, top with other half of burger and pinch sides tightly to close.

Season both sides of burger lightly and repeat until all burgers are done. Refrigerate burgers for 30 minutes if you have time.

While burgers chill, fry sausage up cooking according to package directions, approximately 8-9 minutes per side.  Slice sausage in half and fry the half another 3 minutes per side to brown.

Remove burgers from refrigerator, place about 2 tablespoons of olive oil into pan over medium heat. 

Add patties to pan and cook 8-9 minutes per side.

Top cooked burgers with provolone and cheddar slices, cover with lid to melt.

Assembles burgers with extra cheese curds and your favorite toppings.


Comments