Korokke Bento コロッケ弁当



Korokke Bento Recipe | JustOneCookbook.com
Happy Friday!  Although this week was a shorter week for us due to the holiday on Monday, Friday seemed to have taken forever to arrive with all the things going on in our lives.  Here we are with another bento post, and today is my favorite meal, Korokke Bento!

Last week I skipped my bento post due to our family fried trip to the rice mill facility in Nelson, California.  We still need to process a lot of pictures my husband took during the tour, and we cannot wait to share what we learned.  The president of the company and his staff were all very kind and friendly and we had such a fantastic time.  It’s really wonderful feeling to know who’s making the food you are eating and knowing that they care so much about their rice.  For now, I want to share my favorite pictures from the trip that I shared on my Instagram.
Golden color of rice field…beautiful scenery.
My children’s (and my) highlight of the trip? Riding on this giant harvester!  And that’s the driver Ted.  He’s funny and so great with the kids!
Such a comfortable smooth ride with A/C on.  My children were so excited how the harvester collected rice.
We look forward to sharing what we learned from our trip.  Stay tuned!  Now let’s go back to today’s bento post.
Previous Dinner was:
Korokke (Croquette)

Korokke Bento | Just One Cookbook.com

Korokke Bento


Prep time
Cook time
Total time
Author:
Serves: 1 Bento
Ingredients
  • Japanese rice
  • Korokke
  • Tomatoes
  • 2 strawberries
  • Tonkatsu Sauce
  • Furikake
Instructions
  1. Fill up half of bento box with Japanese rice. Let it cool so that hot/warm rice will not warm up other cool food.*
  2. Reheat leftover Korokke in oven toaster until it's warm thoroughly.
  3. Pour Tonkatsu Sauce in a little container.
  4. Wash tomatoes and strawberries and pat dry. Place them nicely in the bento box.
  5. Pack cooled Korokke.
  6. Sprinkle furikake on top of slightly cooled rice.
  7. Cool down completely before close the bento box cover.



Recipe by Namiko Chen of Just One Cookbook. All images and content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you’d like to share this recipe on your site, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link to this post as the original source. Thank you.

Comments